We are looking for an experienced, skilled and organized postdoctoral researcher (or an independent, experienced technician in the field of next generation sequencing), who could bring the facility to the next level.
Single Cell Genomics facility
The Princess Máxima Center Single Cell Genomics Facility is dedicated to making single-cell mRNA sequencing technology available to study pediatric tumors. The facility is established in the Princess Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology, the Dutch national hospital for childhood cancer. This institute has the ambition to cure every child with cancer, while providing optimal quality of life. By closely integrating scientific research and clinical care, the Máxima provides a unique opportunity for carrying out high impact translational research. The facility is part of the Holstege group offering a collaborative, international culture of scientific excellence. It aims to advance pediatric oncology through collaborative, technology-driven biomedical research. We work closely together with researchers and physicians interested in understanding cancer biology and immunology at the single cell level in the context of hemato-oncology, solid tumors and neuro-oncology.
Key task and Responsibilities
- Development and implementation of new single cell genomics assays and protocols
- Handle sample collection and next-generation single cell sequencing library preparations (transcriptome, genome, epigenome, surfaceome)
- Perform Illumina sequencing runs (MiniSeq, NovaSeq 6000)
- Troubleshooting of technical problems in sample preparation and sequencing workflows
- Support data collection and evaluation, including the use of LIMS for sample and metadata tracking
- Contribution to the day-to-day lab management and scientific publications
- Provide introduction, training and assistance to new users of the facility.
- PhD degree in biomedical sciences, molecular/cellular biology, or highly experienced technician in the field of next generation sequencing
- Technical and working knowledge of multiple genomic technologies
- Fluency in English
- High degree of independence, attention to detail, ability to multitask, organizational skills
- Proven communication and problem-solving skills
- Friendly, collaborative and proactive mindset
- Motivation to work in cutting-edge biomedical and translational cancer research
Other relevant experience
- Flow cytometry and sorting
- Liquid handlers
- Cell/organoid culture
- Data analysis skills
The Princess Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology is a new research hospital concentrating healthcare, research and education with regard to cancer in children in a single location in Utrecht. The institute aims to provide the highest level of care for all children with cancer, with optimal quality of life. The center brings together the best possible care and scientific research, creating a unique interdisciplinary institute for pediatric oncology in Europe.
We offer a stimulating position in an international, multidisciplinary research environment, in a state-of-the-art facility with opportunities for personal development, while contributing to the improvement of the quality of life of children with cancer.
The position is full time. You will start on a temporary position for the duration of one year, which can be extended for an additional 3 years. The Princess Máxima Center operates according to the collective labor agreement ‘cao algemene ziekenhuizen’.
Apply for this position?
You can apply for this position until the 20th of December, by pressing the orange “solliciteer direct” button on this screen, with a motivation letter and your CV. Potential candidates will be invited for interviews.
Contact and application
For more information about the vacancy, you are welcome to contact Dr. Thanasis Margaritis (A.Margaritisfirstname.lastname@example.org).
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.Solliciteer direct