The Princess Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology is a new nationwide research hospital concentrating healthcare, research, and education with regard to cancer in children and is located in the Utrecht Science Park. The institute aims to give the best treatment to children with cancer with the highest cure rate and the least side effects of (often complex) anti-cancer treatment. The center brings together the best possible care and scientific research, creating a unique interdisciplinary institute for pediatric oncology in Europe.
We are looking for a motivated research technician with experience and interest in antibody and protein biochemistry to join the Janda group. The Janda group pursues various projects to leverage proteins and antibodies for innovative approaches to diagnose and treat childhood cancer. This includes, but is not limited to, the generation of antibodies and antibody fragments against newly identified cancer-associated antigens for immunotherapy (including CAR T cell therapy) and non-invasive immunoPET imaging. You will have a critical role in isolating and preparing antibodies and proteins for diverse applications and testing their functionality using in vitro cell assays.
Your qualifications and tasks
- A BSc or MSc degree in (protein) biochemistry, molecular biology, or related disciplines.
- Experience in antibody library technologies (phage and/or yeast display) or recombinant protein expression in suspension mammalian cells and protein purification using the AKTA-FPLC system is required.
- Strong motivation, flexibility, and the ability to work in a team is critical.
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills are required.
- We offer a full-time position (based on 36 hours a week) in a very stimulating and interactive research environment. You will also have the opportunity to actively collaborate with various research groups at the Princess Máxima
- The contract will be initially for one year, with the intention to extend.
- Your gross monthly salary will be based on your experience and background and will include 8,33% holiday allowance and 8,33 % end-of-year bonus.
- The Princess Máxima Center operates according to the collective labor agreement ‘CAO ziekenhuizen’.
How to apply
You can apply for this position using the apply button. Please provide:
- an up-to-date resume/CV
- a short motivation letter describing your background and interests
- contact information of 2 references
For more information, please contact Dr. Claudia Janda.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.Solliciteer direct