The Princess Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology is a research hospital concentrating on healthcare, research, and pediatric cancer education in a single location in Utrecht. The institute aims to provide the highest level of care for all children with cancer and aims to cure all children of cancer and improve their quality of life. The center brings together the best possible care and scientific research, creating a unique interdisciplinary institute for pediatric oncology in Europe.
As a Research Technician in our pediatric osteosarcoma research group, you will play a crucial role in supporting our ongoing efforts to understand better the mechanism of immune evasion of osteosarcoma, particularly of metastatic disease, and to develop new immunotherapy approaches, including immune checkpoint inhibition and CAR T cell therapy. The ideal candidate has advanced experience setting up primary cell cultures and co-cultures, isolating RNA and DNA for sequencing, and performing functional immune assays. The open position is within the Janda group, and the candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team of cell biologists, pathologists, and pediatric oncologists.
- A BSc or MSc degree in immunology, cell biology, or related disciplines with several years of experience in a research laboratory.
- Prior experience in human primary cell cultures and/or organoid cultures is required.
- Experience with a broad range of cellular biology techniques, including flow cytometry and Crispr/Cas9 gene editing, is essential.
- Experience with generating CAR T cells is a strong plus.
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, flexibility, and the ability to work in a team is critical.
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills are required.
- We offer a full-time position (based on 36 hours a week) in a very stimulating and interactive research environment. You will also have the opportunity to actively collaborate with various research groups at the Princess Máxima Center.
- The contract will be initially for one year, with the intention to extend.
- Your gross monthly salary (FWG 45) will be based on your experience and background and will include 8,33% holiday allowance and 8,33 % end-of-year bonus.
- The Princess Máxima Center operates according to the collective labor agreement ‘CAO ziekenhuizen’.
How to apply
You can apply for this position using the apply button. Please provide:
- an up-to-date resume/CV
- a short motivation letter describing your background and interests
- contact information of 2-3 references
For more information, please contact Dr. Claudia Janda (C.Y.Janda@prinsesmaximacentrum.nl)
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.Solliciteer direct