The Princess Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology is a research hospital concentrating healthcare, research, and education of pediatric cancer in a single location in Utrecht. The institute aims to provide the highest level of care for all children with cancer and has the ambition to cure all children of cancer and improve quality of life. The center brings together the best possible care and scientific research, creating a unique interdisciplinary institute for pediatric oncology in Europe.
We are looking for a highly motivated, flexible, and enthusiastic research technician to join the Princess Máxima Center’s high-throughput screening (HTS) facility. The HTS facility is embedded within the Molenaar group and aims to enable and facilitate fully-automated drug testing for the precision medicine program and diverse research projects at the Princess Máxima Center on a collaborative basis. The main task will be to perform the drug screens. You will have a critical role in building and optimizing methods for screening and assays, and setting up drug libraries specific for pediatric cancer. Furthermore, you will collaborate in the research projects within the Molenaar group that focus on testing drugs against neuroblastoma. For this, you will perform the experimental design, cell culture and data analysis.
Education and skills
- An HBO degree or experienced applicant with MBO degree in biotechnology, molecular biology, or related disciplines.
- Experience in working with robotics and HTS is preferred
- Prior experience with cell-based assays and drug testing is required
- Lab experience in cell culture is essential, previous experience with 3D/organoid culturing is a plus
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, flexibility, and the ability to work in a team is critical.
- Good English writing and verbal communication skills are required.
The Molenaar group
The research group of Jan Molenaar at the Princess Máxima Center is specialized in translational research in pediatric solid tumors with a focus on neuroblastoma. To this purpose, we have developed an experimental pipeline which starts with basic molecular biologic research and ends with implementation of new treatment options for pediatric cancer patients. Crucial in this pipeline is the use of high throughput analysis. We are running the compound screening facility in the Máxima, and we have initiated the iTHER precision medicine program for pediatric cancer, which has included over 240 patients.
- We offer a full-time position (36 hours a week) in a very stimulating and interactive research environment.
- The contract will be initially for one year, with the intention to extend to four years.
- Your gross monthly salary will be based on your experience and background and will include 8,33% holiday allowance and 8,33 % end-of-year bonus.
- The Princess Máxima Center operates according to the collective labor agreement ‘CAO ziekenhuizen’.
How to apply
You can apply for this position using the orange apply button “solliciteer direct”. Please provide:
- an up-to-date resume/CV
- a short motivation letter describing your background and interests
- contact information of 2 references
For more information, please contact Dr. Selma Eising or Dr. Jan Molenaar.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.Solliciteer direct