The Princess Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology is a research hospital concentrating on healthcare, research, and pediatric cancer education in a single location in Utrecht. The institute aims to provide the highest level of care for all children with cancer and aims to cure all children of cancer and improve their quality of life. The center brings together the best possible care and scientific research, creating a unique interdisciplinary institute for pediatric oncology in Europe.
We are looking for a highly motivated postdoc to study the role of the BMP and WNT pathways in the context of embryonic development, pediatric osteosarcoma initiation and progression, and/or tissue regeneration. The ideal candidate has advanced knowledge in signaling transduction of developmental signaling pathways and is interested in combining protein/antibody engineering, cell biology, oncology, and organoid technology. The open position is within the Janda group, which has a long-standing interest in studying the structure-function relationship of ligand-receptor interactions of signaling pathways critically involved in embryonic development and regeneration, and the engineering of signaling modulators to interrogate underlying principles of signaling transduction. Furthermore, we interrogate the initiation and progression of pediatric osteosarcoma and develop novel therapeutic strategies for treating children with advanced-stage osteosarcoma. The postdoc will have the opportunity to expand on ongoing projects with various international collaborators and initiate new, innovative projects.
- PhD with a strong background in cell biology, biochemistry, or related disciplines.
- High level of motivation, curiosity, dedication and responsibility.
- Demonstrated scientific productivity, as evidenced by a strong publication record in top tier journals.
- Advanced experience in studying the structure-function relationship of ligand-receptor interactions and signal transduction is required.
- Experience in protein biochemistry and protein engineering is a plus.
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, flexibility, and the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary environment is critical.
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills are required.
- We offer a full-time position (based on 36 hours a week) in a very stimulating and interactive research environment. You will also have the opportunity to actively collaborate with various research groups at the Princess Máxima Center.
- The contract will be initially for one year, with the intention to extend.
- Your gross monthly salary will be based on your experience and background and will include 8,33% holiday allowance and 8,33 % end-of-year bonus.
- The Princess Máxima Center operates according to the collective labor agreement ‘CAO ziekenhuizen’.
How to apply
You can apply for this position using the “solliciteer direct”button. Please provide:
- an up-to-date resume/CV
- a short motivation letter describing your background and interests
- contact information of 2-3 references
For more information, please contact Dr. Claudia Janda (C.Y.Janda@prinsesmaximacentrum.nl).
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.Solliciteer direct