The Princess Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology is a research hospital concentrating healthcare, research, and education of pediatric cancer in a single location in Utrecht. The institute aims to provide the highest level of care for all children with cancer and has the ambition to cure all children of cancer and improve quality of life. The center brings together the best possible care and scientific research, creating a unique interdisciplinary institute for pediatric oncology in Europe.
We are looking for a highly motivated, flexible, and energetic postdoc to join the Princess Máxima Center’s newly formed protein lab. The protein lab is embedded within the Janda group and aims to enable and facilitate protein and antibody-related work for a diverse range of innovative projects of researches at the Princess Máxima Center on a collaborative basis. This includes, but is not limited to, the generation of antibodies and antibody fragments against newly identified cancer-associated antigens for non-invasive immunoPET imaging, antibody- and cell-based therapies, and other clinical applications. You will have a critical role in establishing and building key technologies in-house. Furthermore, you will manage multiple projects and work in a multi-disciplinary team of cell biologists, pediatric oncologists, and pediatric surgeons.
- PhD in biochemistry, structural biology, antibody/protein engineering, or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated scientific productivity, as evidenced by a strong publication record in top tier journals.
- Extensive experience in recombinant protein (including antibodies and antibody fragments) expression in mammalian/bacterial cells, protein purification using the AKTA-FPLC system (affinity, ion exchange, and size exclusion chromatography) and protein characterization is essential.
- Solid experience in characterizing protein–protein interactions using surface plasmon resonance or biolayer interferometry is required.
- Experience with X-ray crystallography, and antibody library technologies (phage or yeast display) is a definite plus.
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, flexibility, and the ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously and to work in a team is critical.
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills are required.
Who we are
The Princess Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology is a new nationwide research hospital concentrating healthcare, research, and education with regard to cancer in children and is located in the Utrecht Science Park. The institute aims to give the best treatment to children with cancer with the highest cure rate and the least side effects of (often complex) anti-cancer treatment. The center brings together the best possible care and scientific research, creating a unique interdisciplinary institute for pediatric oncology in Europe.
- We offer a full-time position (based on 36 hours a week) in a very stimulating and interactive research environment. You will also have the opportunity to actively collaborate with various research groups at the Princess Máxima
- The contract will be initially for one year, with the intention to extend.
- Your gross monthly salary will be based on your experience and background and will include 8,33% holiday allowance and 8,33 % end-of-year bonus.
- The Princess Máxima Center operates according to the collective labor agreement ‘CAO ziekenhuizen’.
How to apply
You can apply for this position using the orange apply button “solliciiteer direct”. Please provide:
- an up-to-date resume/CV
- a short motivation letter describing your background and interests
- contact information of 2-3 references
For more information, please contact Dr. Claudia Janda (C.Y.Janda@prinsesmaximacentrum.nl)
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.Solliciteer direct