Find genetic lesions and other molecular profiles (e.g. CD marker expression levels) with predictive sensitivity to precision medicines and/or repurposed drugs (PM/RD); Study how PM/RD may synergize with routinely used chemotherapeutic drugs; Determine the magnitude of the drug-resistance modifying effect of the tumour microenvironment (TME) and ways to escape from this resistance. We expect to gain 1) knowledge about which drug combinations (i.e. precision medicines together with conventional chemotherapeutic agents) may more effectively kill leukaemia and lymphoma cells than each of the components by itself, and 2) which lesions may have the best predictive value for response monitoring in practice and 3) the difference and similarities between precursor B-ALL and precursor B-lymphoma with respect to occurrence of genetic lesions and drug sensitivity.
- A Master’s degree (MSc) in biomedical sciences, medicine, pharmacy, bioinformatics, biotechnology or equivalent
- Excellent English language and communication skills
- Willingness to relocate and reside abroad for at least 3 years including travel for secondments, training and project meetings
- They must fulfil the mobility rule, i.e. have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies) in the country of the host organization for no more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. The earliest possible recruitment date is March 1st 2021
- They must also fulfil the Early Stage Researcher (ESR) rule, i.e. be within their first four years of their research careers at the date of recruitment by the host organization and have not been awarded a doctorate degree
- Applicants should be available during the central recruitment days on January 28th-29th
- Applicants should be available to start the PhD position before October 1st
Who we are
The Princess Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology is a new nationwide research hospital concentrating healthcare, research, and education with regard to cancer in children and is located in the Utrecht Science Park. The institute aims to give the best treatment to children with cancer with the highest cure rate and the least side effects of (often complex) anti-cancer treatment. The center brings together the best possible care and scientific research, creating a unique interdisciplinary institute for pediatric oncology in Europe.
This PhD position is part of the VAGABOND program. More information about the program can we found on: www.vagabondnetwork.com
- Get the opportunity to work with scientist from leading European industrial partners and academic institutes in the area of paediatric oncology
- International networking opportunities
- 2 intersectional (academic and non-academic) secondments of 3 months each
- 4 summerschools and 3 specialized interim courses offering scientific and transferable skills
- Personal development program BeyondU for a personal transformational experience towards resilient and confident leaders of the future
- The world-wide most important industry recognized Project Management Professional (PMP) certification given by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- High quality doctoral training rewarded by a PhD degree from a major European university
- A competitive salary, travel allowance and family allowance (if applicable)
- Appointment for a period of minimum 36 months
- A journey in which you get all opportunities to reach your full potential and accelerate your career in paediatric oncology!
How to apply
Interested? Visit www.vagabondnetwork.com for more information on the individual PhD positions and application details.
You can apply until November 20th.
It is possible to apply on this site (orange button “solliciteer direct”) but also on the site of Vagabond itself. Make sure you inform yourself well before you apply.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.Solliciteer direct