The Princess Máxima Center for pediatric oncology is the largest pediatric comprehensive cancer center in Europe. Our ultimate goal is to cure every child with cancer, with optimal quality of life. Investments in neuro-oncology are vital to be able to make progress towards higher survival rates, as well as a better quality of life.
The neuro-oncology program at the Princess Máxima Center is seeking an enthusiastic Pediatric Neuro-Oncologist with a dedicated interest in neuro-oncology to join our well-established and innovative national practice.
Our neuro-oncology program sees on average 130 new patients per year, and treats at least 50 relapse patients. The individual treatment strategies are discussed in a multidisciplinary neuro-oncology tumor board twice a week. We are member of several consortia, including SIOP Europe, PNOC, ITCC and CONNECT. Our multidisciplinary team includes pediatric oncologists, neurologist, neurosurgeons and nurse specialists. Clinical research activities are coordinated within 4 comprehensive tumor working groups.
As a Pediatric Neuro-Oncologist you will:
- Diagnose and treat children with a tumor in the central nervous system;
- Inform and support patients and parents during and after their treatments;
- Be actively involved in a tumor working group and generate clinical research in pediatric (neuro)oncology;
- Contribute to training and educate other healthcare providers;
- Show professional development and eagerness to improve.
Although the main focus of practice will be pediatric neuro-oncology, responsibilities will also include periodic general oncology care when on service or covering call.
We are looking for an ambitious and compassionate Pediatric Neuro-Oncologist to contribute to this endeavor.
- Board Eligible/Certified in Pediatric-Oncology with neuro-oncology as special interest and main focus;
- Demonstrable scientific interest and credentials, evidenced by a PhD and (international) publications;
- You are resilient, persevering, reflective, responsible, and inquisitive; and you are a team player;
- Belonging to, or aspiring to belong to, the international top in pediatric (neuro)oncology;
- Willing to master the Dutch language in order to fulfill clinical work.
Professionals earlier in their career are also invited to apply.
The Princess Máxima Center for pediatric oncology
At the Princess Máxima Center all types of childhood cancer are treated. Some specific areas of research and treatment we offer more broadly, including CAR-T treatment, Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation, 131I MIBG therapy, AMORE treatment, and complex surgery. We have access to several innovative core facilities (e.g. intra-operative MRI operating room) and use extensive molecular diagnostics, including single cell genomics, whole transcriptome, methylation profiling and whole exome sequencing. In addition, more than 100 phase I/II clinical trials are ongoing within the Princess Máxima Center.
Furthermore, we foster a culture from the perspective of children, their families and others around them, with specific attention to psychosocial, supportive and palliative care.
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the collective labour agreement cao AMS (Employment conditions Medical Specialist), the salary is minimum of €7.196,- and maximum of €12.823,- gross per month for a full-time working week (45 hours). Your gross monthly salary will depend on experience and background, complemented by 8,33% gross monthly salary holiday allowance and compensation for on-call services.
Are you excited about this position?
You can apply by pressing the apply button on this screen. Please submit your cover letter and CV. You are welcome to contact Sabine Plasschaert (Pediatric Neuro-Oncologist) or Eelco Hoving (Neurosurgeon and Clinical Director Neuro-Oncology) for additional information about this vacancy. The interviews will take place in September.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.Solliciteer direct