The imaging core facility of the Princess Máxima Center for pediatric oncology, launched in 2017 and rapidly expanding, currently encompassing 10 imaging modalities from high-end multiphoton/confocal and light sheet microscopes to in vivo whole animal imagers. The Princess Máxima Center has the ambition to cure every child with cancer with an optimal quality of life, by centralizing research and healthcare for all children with cancer in the Netherlands in a unique center in Utrecht. Utrecht is very conveniently located in the center of the Netherlands and only a 20-minute distance by car or train from Amsterdam. The old city center characterized by canals has a lively atmosphere with bars and restaurants.
The Princess Máxima imaging center is recruiting a microscopy core manager with a strong passion for advanced imaging technologies.
- An imaging enthusiast with experience and technical proficiency in diverse microscope technologies, preferably including light sheet microscopy
- A strong team player. Experience in training others is preferred, but, most importantly, you are excited to help researchers with various experience levels to obtain their best imaging results
- Always on the lookout for the latest imaging technology developments
We are looking for someone to:
- Train imaging center users and guide optimal design and analysis of imaging experiments.
- Trouble-shoot machine errors, be the first person of contact for help requests, and manage microscope servicing and repairs.
- Organize imaging workshops and training events, in collaboration with microscope companies.
- Scout for new technology through an industrial network in place, as well as by seeking out new partnerships with microscopy and analysis companies. In addition, you will navigate purchasing of new equipment.
- Manage both daily activities, as well as finances of the imaging center, and look out and apply for eligible funding opportunities.
- A stimulating scientific environment, combining research and clinical care to advance knowledge and treatment of pediatric cancer.
- Full embedment in the Dream3Dlab, headed by imaging specialist Dr. Anne Rios, and offering expertise in advanced 3D imaging technologies, including fixed tissue, live cell and intravital imaging, as well as analytical approaches (Nature Biotechnology, in press 2021; Cancer Cell, 2019 -highlighted Best of Cancer Cell 2019; Nature Protocols, 2019; Nature Cell Biology, 2020; Nature Protocols, 2021; Nature, 2014).
- Active collaborations with other core facilities managers for exchange of knowledge and strategies and support.
- A temporary, full time position (36 hours per week) for 1 year that can be extended after the first contract period.
- Your gross monthly salary will depend on experience level (post-doctoral entrance level), starting in scale 60.
- 8,33% gross monthly salary holiday allowance
- 8,33% end-of-year bonus.
- The Princess Máxima Center operates according to the collective labour agreement ‘cao algemene ziekenhuizen’.
You can apply for this position before June 1st by pressing the orange “solliciteer direct” button on this screen.
For more information you can contact Dr. Anne Rios (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.Solliciteer direct